Durhamtown Off-Road Resort
ABOUT DURHAMTOW OFF-ROAD RESORT
If you have not attended this venue in the past here is a little of what to expect. Durhamtown Off-Road Resort is Americas largest off-road park with 6750 acres for all types of off-road enthusiast to play on. We will have special permission from them to use two of their side by side racetracks. Turbo Track which is 2 miles long and capable of speeds in excess of 60mph and GP track that is 1 mile long which is where the “big jump” is located that I am sure you have seen on FB at some point.
These are wide tracks made of GA clay and are well kept, providing a fun, safe, smooth surface. There are jumps peppered throughout each so if your looking to get a little air you will definitely have some opportunities to do so, however if you want to keep all four wheels on the ground that’s ok to, no one is going to think less of you. You do you, all we ask is that you drive WITHIN YOUR LIMITS! THIS IS NOT A RACE. This is simply an opportunity for you to get out there and experience for yourself what you and your truck are capable of and more importantly have some fun with some really good people.
There is lodging onsite that consists of RVs and Cabins all of which are provided with clean linens, towels, soaps and tissue. They all have TV, fridge, microwave, heat and air and camp fire rings. These DO SELL OUT so if you plan on staying on site and haven’t booked a cabin yet you should do that now! You can contact them directly at 706-622-4108, just let them know you are attending the TORR Raptor Run. If you miss out on a cabin, the closest hotels are 30min away.
Park address is:
2350 Randolph Church Rd
Union Point, GA 30669
Early check in and registration at the Hilton cabin next to the main office.
Mandatory drivers meeting
9:30am – 6:00pm
Tracks are open
11:00am – 1:00pm
Lunch truck available in the vendor area on Turbo Track
11:00am – 6:00pm
Kona Ice cart available in the vendor area on Turbo Track
6:30pm – 8:00pm
Dinner at Bevelyn’s Kitchen located onsite near main office. Two dinner vouchers will be provided to each registrant. Additional vouchers will be available to purchase during registration.
Be sure to hang out at the bar or by the bon fire located just outside and make some new friends!
9:00am – 12:00pm
Both tracks open for a free run, drive what you want
RULES TO FOLLOW
1. THIS IS NOT A RACE! We cannot state this enough. Drive within your limits.
2. Your truck must have the following
– Good tires with at least 75% tread
– VHF radio programmed to channel 151.820 MHz. Handheld radios are acceptable for this run. If you do not have a radio, we do have pre programmed hand held units for sale on our website. We will also have them available to purchase at the event.
– Working headlights, taillights
3. 100% Sober Driving. Alcohol consumption or drug use will not be tolerated on track or anytime you are driving. If you are caught drinking you will be asked to leave.
4. NO one is allowed on the track at anytime unless its your turn to run.
5. Everyone in your truck must sign a waiver for both Durhamtown and TORR. NO EXCEPTIONS. You must check in and sign a waiver for Durhamtown immediately upon arrival. You can find check in at the main office next to the pro shop.
6. If there is an accident on one of the tracks. Please NO PHOTOS. Parties involved need to have a chance to file a claim with their insurance provider, and any photos could make that process difficult.
We will have a team of photographers out there on both tracks all day Saturday working hard to capture you at your best. Photo packages ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE!! I know, cool right?
If you have any questions regarding this event please email them to email@example.com.
We want to thank you all for your support. This will no doubt be an epic weekend full of great memories and new friendships. Can’t wait to see you out there in the dirt, but until then “keep the rubber side down and …”